Tom Pickering - Born To Win - Hard cover
Yorkshire, God’s Own Country, has spawned some real household names over the years… from Harold Wilson to Michael Palin and Diana Rigg to the Arctic Monkeys. But there’s only one TOMMY PICKERING.
BORN TO WIN is a roller-coaster ride through the life of the man, the myth, the angling legend that is quite simply… TOMMY PICKERING.
In his unmissable new autobiography, the Barnsley Blacks legend reveals, alongside inspirational stories of success and breaking records, just why:
- Denis White got a ‘Proper Monk On’ on the River Bann
- Tommy got a ‘Gret Big Monk On’ over his all-time sporting hero Sir Geoffrey Boycott
- 5 x World Champion Alan Scotthorne got such a ‘Giant Monk On’ that he stormed over to Tommy and shoved a finger up his nose during a European Championships practice session
- An Italian crowd got a ‘Massive Monk On’ when Keith Hobson lost his budgie smugglers in a diving board disaster at the World Club Championships
- A ‘Brian Blessed lookalike’ Hungarian border guard developed a ‘Whopping Gret Monk On’ when Tom tried to get a van load of groundbait from Hungary into Slovenia
- Why an Italian crowd got a ‘Mountain Sized Monk On’ when Alan McAtee called ‘foul’ when an Italian angler broke the rules playing a carp at the world championships on the River Arno
- Alan Taylor almost cost Tommy his England place after getting a ‘Doncaster-sized Monk On’ over a practical joke involving his new seatbox.